The finalists have been shortlisted for the Culture Online International Award. In 2021, 452 projects were submitted from more than 20 countries and 50 regions of Russia.
In 2021, the award has become an international event and a quality mark for projects implemented by cultural institutions using modern technology.
The leaders by the number of applications were the following nominations: "Best Education and Outreach Project" with 140 applications, followed by "Best online project" with 91 applications, and "Digital Transformation: from Offline to Online" with 71 applications.
52 applications were submitted for the "Best collaboration" nomination, 28 applications for the "Best IT solution for the cultural sphere" nomination, 49 projects for the "Best Social Media Campaign" nomination, and 21 projects in the category "Cultural Gamification".
The projects were evaluated by the expert council, consisting of 8 cultural figures, media representatives and experts in strategic communications: Yuri Bashmet, musician, conductor, People's Artist of the USSR and Russia; Sergey Kuznetsov, artist and architect, Chief Architect of Moscow; Marina Loshak, Director of the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts; Sergey Mikhailov, TASS Director General; Semyon Mikhailovsky, Rector of the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts, Merited Artist of the Russian Federation; Anastasia Postrigay, art historian, founder of the Op Pop Art – largest online art history school in the Russian language Internet, winner in the last year's "Best Social Media Campaign" nomination; Nikolaus Rexroth, pianist, winner of international competitions, producer, Artistic Director of RCCR Projects Agency (Berlin), founder of the Russian-German Music Academy, winner in the "Best Online Project 2020" nomination, Alexander Tsypkin, writer, author of a number of bestsellers, screenwriter, founder of the literary and theatrical project "Unprincipled Readings".
The projects were evaluated using 6 criteria: innovation, cultural value, audience reach, potential and scalability, social relevance, and user experience, each of which helped to ensure a comprehensive assessment of the projects and determine the finalists.
The list of finalists with the highest number of points included 35 projects.
Best Online Project
- Virtual platform of the "New Nature" exhibition, organizer: The Manege Central Exhibition Hall
- Youth Orchestra Worldwide Marathon, organizer: Russian Concert Agency LLC
- Dostoevsky Lectorium Media Library, organizer: Education Center "Modern Lectorium."
- Hermitage Online project, organizer: State Hermitage Museum
- International Online Theatre Festival, organizer: TheTheatreTimes.com
Best Education and Outreach Project
- Culture.Inc., organizer: Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center
- Media Art: Practices and Optics, organizer: The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts
- My Tretyakov, organizer: The State Tretyakov Gallery All-Russian Museum Association
- Online Laboratory for New Media in Culture, organizer: Winzavod Foundation for the Support of Contemporary Art
- Behind an Object, There is A Story, organizer: FBQ Museum
- Artefact, organizer: Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
- BDFquest. Theater Delivery, organizer: the Fund for Support and Development of Sociocultural Projects by Sergei Bezrukov and Moscow Gubernsky Theater
- Love letters, organizer: ANO "Pop-up theater"
- Mobile Art Theater, organizer: History of the Future Creative Studio
- Arthive Apps, organizer: Vito Group LLC
Digital Transformation: From Offline to Online
- Bauhaus—Vkhutemas. The twenties to the twenties, organizers: Tretyakov Gallery, the German Book Information Centre Moscow – Representative of Frankfurter Buchmesse, Embassy of the State of Israel in Moscow
- Book-fighter, organizer: The state Museum and cultural center "Integration" named after Nikolay Ostrovsky
- Talk to the Puppet, organizer: KUKFO Theatre
- Petersburg Theatre Seasons Festival, organizer: Neva-ART Production Company
- Online 20th ASSITEJ World Congress on Theatre for Children, organizer: International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People
Best Social Media Campaign
- Blog about art, culture, and development by Anastasia Konovalova.
- Russian National Library in TikTok
- Hot Culture
- The VI CIOFF World Folkloriada in TikTok
- Pictorialart.ru by Dmitry Avdeenko
Best IT-solution for the cultural sphere
- New Stage XR mobile ap, organizer: The National Drama Theater of Russia (Alexandrinsky Theater)
- [AR]T Museum, organizer: Cuseum
- Iazzu Connects People with Culture, organizer: Iazzu Ltd. Switzerland
- Storytel Hub, organizer: Storytel audiobook service
- 4ART App, organizer: 4ARTechnologies AG
- Artifacts. Culture Detective, organizer: ANO "National Priorities" in collaboration with Okko multimedia service, "My Planet" TV channel, and EMG studio
- Dialogues about art. A podcast for the hearing impaired, organizers: The Educational Center "Languages Without Borders" in cooperation with VTB PJSC
- Let's go to the museum, organizer: Culture.ru website in cooperation with Voice Assistant Marusya from VK Group
- The Mariinsky Theater for the 125th Anniversary of the Russian Museum, organizer: The State Academic Mariinsky Theatre in cooperation with the State Russian Museum
- Imprint in motion, organizers: The International Festival "Context. Diana Vishneva" in cooperation with Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts and Aksenov Family Foundation
This year's award also included a more comprehensive range of domestic regions. Many outstanding projects from the Russian regions have been submitted for the "Culture Online" international award. The Russian Cultural Foundation decided to encourage this initiative and established an additional nomination, "Special Prize of the Russian Cultural Foundation." The winner will be announced at the award ceremony.
The awards ceremony will be held online and will be broadcast on the web resources of the Russian Culture Foundation and partners of the award on November 15 at 17:00 Moscow time.