In the framework of the Forum the event is divided into two parts. Part One. The meetings are dedicated to the topic of preserving and actualizing cultural heritage and inter-museum cooperation with the goal of creating the unified cultural space.
The Roerich Pact is an international treaty aimed at preserving cultural values during warfare and in times of peace. The project summarizes many years of creative, scientific and public activities of N. K. Roerich that were used as foundation of subsequently created cultural heritage protection documents. Today the Pact itself and the Sign of the Banner of Peace serve as symbols of special significance, uniqueness and value of culture.
The Declaration of Culture Rights by Academician D. S. Likhachev is often compared to the Roerich Pact, because at the new stage of development of the humankind it once again refers us to the same old problems of the culture’s inalienable rights. The new world order shows that the rights of culture must be protected alongside with human rights, and the Declaration of Culture Rights is in considerable demand.
Museums today serve as a depository of cultural valuables, and various forms of museum work cover a broad range of activities that require a synthetic approach. The issues of the national identity and integration into global processes, general human values and important new trends in culture presuppose special significance of regulating museums’ rights.
Main Discussion Topics:
- Philosophical sources and ideology of the Roerich Pact;
- From the Roerich Pact to the Declaration of Culture Rights;
- Preservation and development of the museum network as the foundation of the unified cultural space;
- The international legal system for protection of cultural valuables and problems of legal support of culture protection activities;
- Contemporary public initiatives in the sphere of protection of cultural heritage;
- Actualizing national traditions in socio-cultural project design;
- Synthesizing educational technologies for actualizing the creative heritage;
- Integrating national museums into the world culture space.
- Aleksei Anatolyevich Bondarenko, Cand. Sc. Physics and Mathematics, Director, the Saint Petersburg State Museum and Institute of the Roerich Family, President, the Roerich Heritage International Charitable Foundation (Russia);
- Mikhail Borisovich Piotrovsky, Doctor of Historical Sciences, professor, Director, the State Hermitage Museum (Russia).
- Joy Yen, Deputy Representative, the Taipei Trade and Economic Representative Office in Ulaanbaatar (PRC);
- Yanzhmaa Bira, Director, the House-Museum of the Roerich Family in Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia);
- Sudheendra Kulkarni, Chairman, the Forum For A New South Asia (India);
- Alexander Valerievich Kobak, Executive Director, the D. S. Likhachev Foundation (Russia);
- Vsevolod Yevgenievich Bagno, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Research Supervisor, the Institute of Russian Literature (Pushkin House) of RAS (Russia).
Access to the event for participants of the Professional Flow is by badge, for participants of the Public Flow — by printed e-ticket.